Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Long, So Long Bush. Hello, Hello Obama!



This is the theme song that I used as inspiration to drive over to my neighborhood library in Charlotte, N.C. and cast my vote for Barack Obama and Joseph Biden. The title "Tanto Tempo," which means "So Long" in Portuguese can mean a lot of things, but for me it conjured up images of George W. Bush leaving the White House and the inauguration of the great Obama.

Bebel Gilberto, the woman who sings this lush and sublime number, actually sings in Portuguese so I had to look up the lyrics to this song in English. Even though the lyrics don't fit the theme of my post here, I still LOVE this song. It makes me think of beautiful Brazil and the warm breezes that I'm sure blow through that magical country. "Tanto Tempo" takes me to another place -- a place filled with promise, vibrant colors, hope, and tranquility. Please take us to that place Obama and Biden. We need that revolutionary change that you've been promising on the campaign trail.

So long, so long Bush. Hello, hello Obama!


Also, here's a note about "straight party" voting that they gave us at my voting place that all voters should keep in mind. We don't want anything to trip us up!

A "straight" vote does not include the office of president or any nonpartisan race or issue. You must vote for president/vice president seperately from the other offices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome......
Tracie

Cappuccino Soul said...

Yes, sister Tracie, it's a magical piece. I just LOVE that song...and it really does make me feel good about Obama coming in and Bush going out!
I can't wait to go to Brazil one of these days.
Alicia