Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mother Love and Spirit of the Muse


It's funny how the subconscious works. I found this Dexter Griffin print, "Mother Love," many months ago at a thrift store and just recently hung it up in my home. Then, recently I looked at the film Jackie Brown again and remembered how much I admired the art on her apartment walls. I wondered who the artist was and immediately thought of "Mother Love." Here's one of the prints that Quentin Tarantino's production design crew chose for the character. Guess who the artist is:

None other than Dexter Griffin . This enigmatic piece is called, "Spirit of the Muse." Needless to say, I'm going to have to have "Spirit of the Muse."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you found that print at a thrift store. When I get there you will have to show me this store.
The art is out standing.

MaDear

Cappuccino Soul said...

MaDear,
Oh yeah, I'll show you the thrift store where I've found many gems, including lots of the furniture in our home. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for the great thrift stores here!
:-)
Alicia