Cappuccino Soul

Cappuccino Soul

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Amelie's Sweet Potato Salad


Gigi and I visited one of her favorite eating spots last Sunday, Amelie's French Bakery in NoDa, and I tasted some of their delicious sweet potato salad. That's the first time I've ever had it -- anywhere. It was so delicious that I wanted to know the ingredients so I can make that tasty dish at home. 

I emailed the restaurant to ask what were the ingredients they used in the salad. Here's my email to Amelie's:

I ordered some of your sweet potato salad yesterday and thought it was delicious! Could you tell me -- what do you put in it, other than sweet potatoes?

Here's the response from a nice lady named Stephanie:

Hi Alicia, the ingredients are: sweet potatoes, mayo, balsamic vinegar, celery, red onions. Good luck and happy cooking! :) 

My response:

Oh, happy day! Thank you for that. I will make the meal this weekend. :-)  

Look for a picture of my try at Ameilie's-style sweet potato salad.

Here's my picture:


My version of Amelie's sweet potato salad


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for the picture of your sweet potato salad. Sounds good and like you I never heard of that before.

Love MaDear

Cappuccino Soul said...

I haven't made it yet MaDear. When I do, I'll be sure to take a picture of it and send it to you, if nobody else. (I'm not sure how it's going to turn out.) :-)